Already accepted to a volunteer crew? Please Register below.
Individual Crew members:
- Register on Eventbrite, follow the link and click on TICKETS.
- OR download, fill out, and send in the 2017 Volunteer Crew Registration Form.
Registering as a Family:
- Please download, fill out, and send in the 2017 Volunteer Crew Registration Form.
It would be greatly appreciated if each volunteer crew member could register and purchase a T-shirt. Old Songs Festival T-shirts are the preferred attire during volunteer shifts at the festival.
Important Crew Information
1) The Crew Orientation Meeting is very helpful to get to know your staff leader and other crew members. It is Sunday, June 4, 1 pm–3 pm at Gate 3, Dutch Barn, Altamont Fairgrounds.
If you cannot attend this meeting it is your responsibility to call your staff person for your work schedule and crew training. Get your t-shirt at the festival from your staff person.
S C H E D U L E:
- 1:00 pm: Meet your staff person; get your t-shirt and other information. Work out your work schedule at the festival based on the Festival Schedule and meal hours. Get to know the other crew members. Take care of registering for creature comforts, camping & family tickets if you haven’t already done so.
- 1:45 pm: General policy meeting. Meet the rest of the staff. Volunteer pin awards.
- 2:15 pm: Group photos – Crew, Staff
2) If you want to camp or eat meals at our food service (creature comforts):
Price per adult is $40 for 7 meals and the munchie bar. Children 4–12 years $20.00. Mail the form in with a check or deliver it no later than June 5. Mark it on your 2017 Volunteer Crew Registration Form when registering.
If you purchase Creature Comforts you will receive your meal tickets when you check in at Gate 2. They will be inserted in your plastic name badge. As a volunteer with a name badge you can buy a meal a la carte (available a 1/2 hour after the start of meal service), the price of each meal separately is $12 for Friday supper, Sat. or Sun. lunch, $9 for Sat. or Sun. breakfast.The Munchie & soup bar is $3.00 per use.
3) When you arrive at the festival: PARK IN THE FIELD OUTSIDE GATE 2 AND WALK UP TO SIGN-IN.
This is where you will receive your name tag and wrist band, program book and paper festival schedule. If you ordered Creature Comforts you will get your food tickets here. Gate Two Hours: Thursday, 5 pm–9 pm, Friday, 9 am–all night, Saturday, 9 am–all night, Sunday 9 am–end of festival. After registering proceed into grounds and find your campsite. If you are not camping leave your car outside Gate 2. A volunteer’s responsibility at the festival:
- Wear your festival t-shirt when you are working.
- Wear your name tag and wrist band at all times for gate admission and creature comforts privileges.
- Festival public relations: Wearing your name tag makes you an Old Songs Festival ambassador. The impression we give depends on you as a member of the Old Songs crew.
- Be on time for your crew assignments. Stay in communication with your staff person.
BESIDES THE 3 DAYS OF FESTIVAL YOU CAN ALSO TAKE PART IN:
Thursday night open sing in the Dutch Barn (Area 8) at 9 pm
Friday classes & sessions 2:30–3:45 pm
YOUR HELP IS WELCOME EVEN WHEN YOU AREN’T SCHEDULED.
Help keep the aisles clear during the concerts by gently reminding people not to stand or sit in them. Smoking is not allowed in public areas. Encourage folks to remain seated throughout a song and only move between songs. Loud and disruptive talking, rude and drunken behavior during a concert should be reported to the Information Booth. Old Songs will recycle plastic, cans and glass if it is deposited in the appropriate barrels. With 350 volunteers and 50 volunteer staff members Old Songs appreciate your help in any emergency situation. Any medical issue must be reported immediately to First Aid. An incident report must be filled out by any witnesses to such as event.
Old Songs, Inc. cannot be responsible for personal belongings. We urge you to leave items of value at home, lock instruments, recorders and cameras in your car when you leave your campsite. Keep all alcoholic beverages out of site to avoid theft. Put name tags on children’s outer clothing. If you lose something call the office 518-765-2815 after the festival. Turn in found items to the information booth.