Already accepted to a volunteer crew? Please follow the instructions below.
(If not, please fill out the New Volunteer Interest Form)
NEW: Group Camping Orders should now be ordered individually Online — Add your Group Name in the Camping Questions.
We prefer that volunteers register online but if you would like to pay by check, download, print out, and fill out the Crew Registration Form and mail it to: Old Songs Festival, PO Box 466, Voorheesville, NY 12186
in person at the Festival at a discount
(a Next Level Apparel® Unisex Cotton Tee — in Maroon, as pictured)
or Ordered online from Bonfire
(available in many different styles and colors)
Volunteers can get 25% off on Bonfire with code: CREW23
Order by June 1 to get your shirts in time for the Festival.
Volunteers are NOT required to purchase T-shirts.
Need tickets for other family members? Purchase them here Online.
Important Crew Information
1) The Crew Orientation Meeting will be held on June 4, at 2 pm in the Creature Comforts Building. (at the Altamont Fairgrounds. Park outside Gate 1 and enter through Gate 1 and turn left.) Wear your favorite Old Songs T-Shirt! We will NOT be selling T-shirts at the meeting.
$45 for a Creature Comforts Meal Plan Wristband, good for the whole weekend — Open for 5 meals (Fri. Supper • Sat., & Sun. Lunch • Sat. & Sun. Breakfast) plus late-night soups and the munchie bar (a la carte: $15/meal) and Sunday Supper leftovers. If you purchase Creature Comforts you will receive your Creature Comforts wristband when you check in at Gate 2.
3) When you arrive at the festival: Park in the field outside Gate 2 and walk up to check-in. Pick up your name tag and wristbands. Gate Two Hours: Thursday 4 – 9, Friday 9 – 9, Saturday 9 – 9, Sunday 9 – 6. If you are not camping leave your car outside Gate 2.
A volunteer’s responsibility at the festival:
- Wear your name tag and wristband at all times for gate admission and creature comforts privileges.
- Festival public relations: Wearing your name tag makes you an Old Songs Festival ambassador. The impression we give depends on you as a member of the Old Songs crew.
- Be on time for your crew assignments. Stay in communication with your crew chief.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID (cold, cough, runny nose, flu-like symptoms) at the time of the event, please stay home, and contact your crew chief.
Your help is welcome even when you aren’t scheduled.
Help keep the aisles clear during the concerts by gently reminding people not to stand or sit in them. Smoking is not allowed in public areas. Encourage folks to remain seated throughout a song and only move between songs. Loud and disruptive talking, rude and drunken behavior during a concert should be reported to the Information Booth. Old Songs will recycle plastic, cans and glass if it is deposited in the appropriate barrels. With 350 volunteers and 50 volunteer staff members Old Songs appreciate your help in any emergency situation. Any medical issue must be reported immediately to First Aid. An incident report must be filled out by any witnesses to such as event.
Old Songs, Inc. cannot be responsible for personal belongings. We urge you to leave items of value at home, lock instruments, recorders and cameras in your car when you leave your campsite. Keep all alcoholic beverages out of site to avoid theft. Put name tags on children’s outer clothing. If you lose something call the office 518-765-2815 after the festival. Turn in found items to the information booth.